When it comes to selling a property today as a vendor, it is critical to understand the target market that should be attracted to the property and just how the agent will tap into that target market. So there are some questions that you can ask here.
Don’t just assume that your property will be ‘marketed’. Ensure that your property will be taken to the potential buyers in a strategic way. Who will be approached and why? What are the selling points of the property that should feature in the property advertising? What media channels should be used in the marketing campaign?
Shorten Time on Market
When these things are identified it is easier to make the marketing campaign work for the property owner and ultimately the targets of the price and time on market. It is also easier to predict price ranges that could apply to the sale. Market knowledge here is the key and a good local agent will understand all the variables.
Quality Marketing Campaigns
Marketing campaigns for selling property involve money and a mixture of the following:
- Newspaper advertising (yes it still has an impact)
- Email marketing (major impact as will be the database of buyers that an agent may have)
- Direct calling qualified people from the agent’s database (high value)
- Internet listing on key websites (everyone goes there to look for a property)
- A signboard on the property (get a good quality sign on your property – something that stands out)
- Flyers and Brochures – some will be through mail drop, and others will be through email blasts to a database list
- Information Memorandum – this will be the full and comprehensive detail about the property and the offering for sale
Every dollar spent on marketing should be well considered to the targets that are determined. Don’t spend money on marketing without fully appreciating the plan to reach people and in what way that will be done.
Its a Fine Balance of Property Marketing
Today we find that the marketing of every property is a fine balance of all the above items based on the target market that you are trying to attract. When listing a property for sale, ask the agent to define the target market and then explain how the marketing campaign will attract the buyers.
The best agents know the answers. If you need help in planning the sale of your property in Brisbane or Greater Queensland, give John Highman a call on 0417221108